The John Peel Centre for Creative Arts (JPC) is pleased to announce that, with the support of Stowmarket Town Council, we are able to offer local artists and arts groups bursaries for up to 20 hours of space hire at the JPC during 2018.
Bursaries are awarded through applications.
The JPC accepts applications on a rolling process, however, we are limited on the number of hours we are able to fund through the space bursary, therefore, bursaries will be offered on a first come, first served basis until we reach our funding limit, subject to eligibility and availability.
Applications will be reviewed monthly, so please be aware of this in making your application, and allow for this timeframe in your planning. If successful in your application the JPC will contact you to make your space booking. Please note, we will do our best to accommodate your needs regarding preferred dates and times but please note the JPC is very busy and it may not be possible to book the exact time and date you are looking for, therefore, please be prepared to be flexible. Please note most availability is during the day/weekdays.
· Artists or arts based groups based in Stowmarket and the surrounding areas are eligible to apply for a bursary which allows them to access the JPC to support them in developing their practice.
· Applicants will not be eligible if they intend to make a direct profit from the activity they are seeking a space bursary for. For example, a photographer could apply for a space bursary to take images to build up their portfolio, however they could not apply to put on an exhibition, which would have a paid entrance fee. Likewise, a band/poet could apply to practice some new material (to a small, unpublicised invited audience), but not to put on a gig.
· Local artists at all stages of their development and across the art-forms are eligible to apply (photographers, musicians, visual artists, drama groups, dancers, writing and reading groups for example). However, priority will be given to those who can evidence that without a space bursary they would not the wise be able to access a venue such as the JPC.
· Each applicant can apply for up to 4 hours space during the course of 2018 and successful applicants will be awarded space subject to availability.
· It is a condition of receiving a space bursary that artists/groups must complete an evaluation form.
Click this link to download the application form in Rich Text Format. Complete it and return it to the John Peel Centre, marking it FAO Jane Cox (Space bursaries), or email it to with the subject ‘Space Bursaries application’.