Our website address is: http://www.johnpeelcentre.com
We are a Community Interest Company 07390753
Data Controller- John Peel Centre for Creative Arts
Board Director responsible for Data Protection Issues is Simon Buckmaster
1. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes in to force on 25th May 2018 across the EU. It makes important changes to Data Protection laws. The Regulation sets out 8 Data Protection principles. These require that personal information must:-
· Be fairly and lawfully processed
· Be processed for limited purposes
· Be adequate, relevant and not excessive
· Be accurate and up to date
· Not be kept for longer than is necessary
· Be processed in line with the data subjects rights
· Be secure
· Not be transferred to other countries unless they have similar adequate protection
2. The JPC complies with these principles because it takes your privacy seriously. It keeps your information for a number of purposes all of which are lawful in themselves or necessary to comply with other regulatory requirements e.g. Inland Revenue or CRB checks. It keeps the information up to date and securely, for the shortest possible time subject to legal constraints and respects your rights.
3. The following examples summaries categories of information which we hold. A full audit took place in March of this year and copies may be obtained from Reception at the JPC free of charge.
4. For Volunteers personal information is taken from the application form, it is used to administer volunteering arrangements. An annual process of confirming an” OPT In” is carried out and the information is held securely on a password protected server or if in hard copy, locked in a cabinet. For employees personal information is held for the management of the JPC, payment of salaries and pension and expenses. Some of these details may be passed to external providers to arrange payment.
5. Subscribers to newsletters and Friends’ personal information is kept in order to communicate with them or in response to a contractual obligation. The information is kept securely.
6. Customers, Hirers’ and Client contact details are kept for the purposes of selling tickets to events of the JPC and arranging bookings and receiving payment for these services.
7. The period of time the data is kept for depends on whether there is a statutory requirement e.g. 6 years in the case of the Inland Revenue or 5 years in the case of a Hirer.
8. The rights of the data subject are respected. If at any point you believe that the information we process on you is incorrect you can ask to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how the JPC has handled your personal data you can contact our Director who will investigate. If you are not satisfied with our response or think that we are acting unlawfully you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
John Peel Centre