The John Peel Centre is primarily run by volunteers, and we are always happy to have more help out.
We also have the following paid vacancy:
£23-25k pa pro-rata depending on experience.
The John Peel Centre (JPC) is a vibrant arts centre, with a community-centric culture, inspired by and a tribute to the legendary broadcaster John Peel.
The JPC is a Community Interest Company (CIC), led by a board of Directors and currently it is supported by a team of over 60 registered volunteers running the centre. It was conceived with an objective to become a high quality, community owned arts centre which is a beacon of cultural and community activities and initiatives.
The JPC seeks to embrace the artistic legacy that John Peel leaves by finding and showcasing the best of the new, supporting high quality innovative work and embracing risk. It presents a diverse programme of events that include local, regional, national and international artists and companies, emerging artists and community groups. The centre’s facilities can be hired by members of the public to run their own events.
We are looking for a General Manager of the JPC to:
• maximise its potential by ensuring that events are delivered to high quality
• ensure volunteers & staff are motivated
• ensure the building provides a safe and welcoming environment for customers, performers, staff and volunteers
• promote the reputation of the JPC as a national and international centre of excellence for all forms of creative arts.
• work closely with the Strategic Manager and to manage the Venue Co-ordinators to achieve these objectives.
The post requires the holder to have excellent multi-tasking, organisational and inter-personal skills as well as a thorough knowledge of creative arts and related finances. The post holder must be prepared to work irregular hours and have a current driving licence.
To make an application please provide a letter outlining your interest and experience and your current CV to our Strategic Manager, Jane Cox, ().
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 28th June. Interviews are planned for Friday 12th July.